About Me

I'm in my second year in NCCU and major in law. I'm from Taichung, and I love the weather in Taichung. I'm very happy to join this class. I think the way of learning English in this class is special. I hope I can learn a lot in class. :)

31 March, 2011

Definition of Art in Taiwan

As we talk about art in Taiwan, what would you think about? Art made in Taiwan, Taiwanese art, or something else? The teacher talked about art in historical and political view. She mentioned that neither of the definitions of ‘Taiwan’ and ‘art’ is easy, so we might take more time to grab the concept. Because Taiwan has been occupied by many different countries, art in Taiwan is very various.














<Flora Expo in Taipei>

In my opinion, I would say art in Taiwan is that art made in Taiwan. We don’t have to care so much about who is the person that created art, because every art created is very precious.

2 comments:

  1. "Art in Taiwan is that art made in Taiwan." I love this sentence so much. >V< What I care is about "art", too. It is so many kinds of art from all over the world that make Taiwan much more beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that art in Taiwan are those made in Taiwan. And I also think that if the artist is from Taiwan, we can also call it Taiwan art. If a Taiwanese made an art in foreign country, it could also called the art in Taiwan.

    Although I can figure out what is the art in Taiwan, I prefer that art doesn’t belong to any country.

    ReplyDelete