About Me

I'm in my second year in NCCU and major in law. I'm from Taichung, and I love the weather in Taichung. I'm very happy to join this class. I think the way of learning English in this class is special. I hope I can learn a lot in class. :)

10 May, 2011

Naïve art

This week, the teacher talked about Naïve art. Naïve artist means the artist not educated in school. The teacher introduced an artist, Hung Tung. He was a farmer before he began to paint. He started his artist career when he was fifty-five years old. He was good at using line structure, and the most wonderful part of his painting is the line and color he used. His painting is full of passion and religious. He was the representative artist of the tradition of the 1970’s Taiwan society.













I felt warm when I saw his painting, the things he painted was much closed to our lives. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the pictures you put on your blog, especially Hung Tung’s painting. I think the painting you put this time let me feel not only worm but also bright and happy! How did you find those pictures in your blog? And where could I find more pictures about his paintings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week is me, too. XD
    Compares to Monet’s painting, native art seems to have more life and feeling of familiar. I like this picture because it looks like the one that I painted in childhood. XD However, if we take some time to watch it, it still has its own characteristic.
    Thank for your sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking like you had a hard time on your art class homework. XD
    Seeing the paint made me thinking about my art classes during my junior and senior high school life. Most of them were nightmares for me....
    sigh....It's good that art is not a required course in university! It's good to admire a masterpiece, but it is not good when you are forced to paint one. Pure appreciation is good.

    ReplyDelete